The Political Librarian –CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Political Librarian (http://openscholarship.wustl.edu/pollib/) is a professional and academic journal dedicated to expanding and re-envisioning the discussion of locally focused policy, advocacy, and funding issues for libraries.
We want to bring in a variety of perspectives to the journal and do not limit our contributors to just those working in the field of library and information science. We seek submissions from researchers, practitioners, community members, or others dedicated to furthering the discussion of public policy at the local level. We also accept many different types of submissions, including: white papers, exploratory thought pieces, and editorial or opinion pieces. We also have an outstanding editorial board to review research and academic submissions.
Volume 3, Issue 1, will be published December 15, 2017 and completed submissions should be submitted by November 10, 2017. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We seek contributions that:
- Discuss the intersection of politics, policy, advocacy, and libraries,
- Further a discussion of public and/or tax policy at the local level,
- Practical discussions about the way that current library, local, state, and/or federal policy models impact library services,
- Explore and review ordinances, regulations, and/or legislation,
- Discuss disparities in community outcomes based on current funding and authority models for libraries,
- Propose and encourage explorations of new, underutilized, and/or experimental models to address local library funding or authority, or
- Provide resources and tactics that libraries can use to educate stakeholders on the essential role of libraries and librarians in their local community.
For questions, or to discuss possible submission ideas, contact Dustin Fife at email@example.com.
Editorial guidelines and further information about The Political Librarian are at http://everylibrary.org/editorial-team-guidelines-political-librarian/.
Dustin Fife, Series Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Korman, Assistant Editor, email@example.com
Johnna Percell, Editing and Layout, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie Smith, Editorial Support, email@example.com
Eileen Palmer, Acquisitions Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org