I.S.S. High-Five – We’re in This Together – Performance no. 3
EveryLibrary's first ever Artist-In-Residence is at it again with the third installment of his We're In This Together project, and he needs your help. Your mission is as follows...
For the entire month of August: Every time the International Space Station passes over your library, stop whatever you’re doing & high-five your coworkers.
To view a schedule of International Space Station passes over your location...
- Visit https://www.heavens-above.com/.
- On the top right hand corner of your screen is a box indicating your location. If it shows your current city, skip to step 5. If it says "Unspecified" or shows an incorrect location, proceed to step 3.
- Select "Change your observing location".
- Search for your city or town or select it on the map & click "Update" at the bottom of the screen (you may have to scroll down).
- You are now back at the main page. Click on "ISS".
- Beside "Passes to include" click "ALL" (otherwise it will only show passes that are visible to the naked eye).
- Make a note of the times when the Space Station will pass over library in the following month during normal operating hours. You may have to click the “>” button a few times to view all the passes.
- Use your favorite method of reminders so you know when to stop what you’re doing and high-five your coworkers.
- If your coworkers don’t object, take a group photo or any other kind of short documentation (e.g. video, snapshot of the ceiling, selfie, doodle on scrap paper, etc.) and send it via email and/or tweet them to @Space_Station and cc: @EveryLibrary.
If this seems complicated but you want to participate, send Steve an email with your library’s location as well as your normal operating hours, and he'll respond with a simple list of times the International Space Station will be above your library.
We'll be announcing another project on Monday, August 10th, so stay tuned!