5K Your Way For Libraries
Registration for 5K Your Way For Libraries is officially open! Join EveryLibrary as we raise $50,000 to ensure stable funding and access to libraries for generations to come on September 26 -October 2, 2021.
Registration for 5K Your Way For Libraries is officially open!
Join EveryLibrary as we raise $50,000 to ensure stable funding and access to libraries for generations to come on September 26 -October 2, 2021.
What: 5K Your Way For Libraries
When: September 26 to October 2, 2021
Where: Where ever you will be
Why: So EveryLibrary can continue our library-saving work
Register at 5kyourwayforlibraries.org
$15 General Registration
$30 Registration + 1 pair of 5K Your Way For Libraries custom John's Crazy Socks*
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 highest fundraisers and other fun stuff!
5K Your Way for Libraries
What does 5k mean to you? 5 kilometers of walking and running? 5 thousand seconds of reading? 5 thousand jumping jacks? It's up to you! Do it “your way,” and invite friends and family to join you in fundraising for EveryLibrary to continue to provide its library-saving work.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Sponsorship: Become a sponsor and show your employees and customers why you think a future with libraries is so important!
- Form a Team: Become a team leader and invite your friends and family to join your team and together raise critical funds.
- Join a Team: Join an existing team, get moving, and ask others to support you with a donation.
- Join as an Individual: Sign up as an individual, do your thing, and raise some money!
- Donate: Make a donation to ensure EveryLibrary can continue to help libraries in crisis across the country.
You already signed up so now what?!
- Join the Facebook Event Page. Stay up to date on what others are doing. Share how you will 5K. Ask questions and share success stories!
- Invite others to join you. Share your fundraising page. Ask others to join your team and fundraise or donate to you or your team.
- Create a Fundraising event! Along with asking others to donate, you can also have a team fundraiser. Maybe do a yard sale, car wash, or ask a local restaurant to host a fundraiser for you so that proceeds go to your team fundraising goals. Use #5kyourwayforlibraries.
- Decide what you and/or your team is doing for the 5K, when they are doing it, and where! Make sure you share that with your network too! Use #5kyourwayforlibraries.
5K-Week things to know:
- Join us on Sunday, September 26th at 3 pm EST for our Facebook Live event to kick-off event week!
- Get your gear! Whether it's your normal outfit or matching team t-shirts you might want to add a race bib to show the word you are doing a 5K for Libraries! Get your team bib here and your individual bib here.
- Continue to fundraise! Ask everyone and anyone to support you in your fundraising efforts.
- Have fun! Whether you are going at it alone or with a group, have fun with it!
Libraries are much more than a place that holds books. All funds raised from this event will go directly toward saving libraries in crises across the country. Together, we are stepping up efforts to create a better future for library funding at all levels of government.
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Join the 5K Your Way For Libraries Facebook Event Group to stay up to date on what others are doing. Share how you will 5K. Ask questions and share success stories!
- Save the date and join us on Sunday, September 26th at 3 pm EST for our Facebook Live event to kick-off event week!