Have you heard about a threat to an American library? Please let us know!
Most library closures and de-funding initiatives happen in the darkness and most libraries get closed quietly. The only way we can help bring light to these issues is if you tell us about them. So, whether it's cutting school libraries, de-funding public libraries, or bad legislation, we would love to use our extensive resources and experience to help fight back. When you let us know about an issue, we'll reach out to the library and local library associations to build a partnered campaign to fight back.
If you'd like us to launch a petition for a library issue, we made that easy too! However, the most successful library initiatives happen with a strong coalition of stakeholders. That's why we prefer not to launch a petition without the support of local library leaders or associations. If you are the local library leader or association, please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected]
There are many ways that we can help you fight back.
- We have built an extensive database of library supporters and volunteers that we can activate for your cause.
- We have a the most powerful petition platform in the library industry to help drive your supporters to contact state, federal, and local politicians to convince them to support your organization.
- We can offer monetary support and help rally donations for issues that need it. We have a network of media contacts to bring attention and awareness and support for your library.
- We have extensive knowledge and experience working with local, state, and federal campaigns on a wide range of issues from fighting bad legislation to helping to win local ballot initiatives.
- And finally, we can offer training and consulting pro-bono for your initiative to help you create a plan to fight back.
Many of our actions are funded through our Rapid Response Fund. This fund allows us to take action for libraries in the event of a clear and immediate threat. We have been able to use this funding to fight against bad legislation in Michigan, to fight the Koch Brother Funded PAC in Illinois, and to fight against terrible election to defund the library in LaFouche Parish in Louisiana in order to fund a prison. While we can help fight these battles with our rapid response fund, we also need your help to fund it.